formating a disk

I had this disk drive that was really messed up after a power outage
so I did a "disk format" on it.  Now I understand that to get the
initial FEP filesystem on it I have to do a "disk restore" from the
IFS tape.  The "disk" commands are in a file "g208-disk.flod".

The problem is there don't seem to be enough cords to plug 2 disks
into the machine that has the tape drive.  So I tried this thing
(tape:write-fep-overlay-flods-to-cart "g208") so that I could scan
the flods off of the tape.  This seems to work, only I am not getting
the "disk" flods when doing the scan.  When I call the above function
it verifies writing all the flods including "disk".  But when I do
"scan cart:" it just loads the file cart:>commands.flod which doesn't
contain the "disk restore"!  I don't know how to list any files on the
tape from the fep as "show directory cart:>*.*" doesn't take.  How
can I load the disk commands from the tape?

Bill