So long, it's been good to know ya!

Tomorrow will be my last day at ILA, because I'm off to medical school.
As of about 10am tomorrow, I will be packing up Max-Fleischer, my
faithful 3620, and that will really mark the end, at least for now, of
my access to the Internet community.

I wanted to thank all of you for providing an amazingly fun and
intellectually fertile environment for me these last 20 years or so.  I
have been at ILA for four years, was at Symbolics for five before that,
and worked on-and-off at the Multics project starting in 1971.  Many of
you have provided me with both technical encouragement and, for lack of
a better term, a professional family, and I am sorry to give that up.  I
don't yet know whether I will have access to (or time for!) electronic
mail in the near future.

I don't yet know where I will be living during school.  My wife Joan
Freedman will remain accessible via Internet mail (Joan@Applelink.Apple.COM)
for the next few months, and will know my address by August 15 or so.

Once again, thanks a lot, and my best to all.