recursively deleting files/directories

    Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1991 12:56 PDT
    From: drstrip@cs.sandia.gov (David R. Strip)

    Now that I'm finally getting around to loading the 8.1 sources, etc,
    I want/need to delete the 8.0 sources. If I do
    Delete File >rel8>**>*.*.* :expunge yes
    I get rid of all the files, but not the directories. Of course,
    if you repeat this n times, where n is the max depth of the
    directory tree you can clean out everything, but I keep thinking
    there must be a magical incantation to do the job right in the
    first place. I looked around the docs, but can't find anything
    that appears to be the right thing. Of course, I might be looking
    in the wrong place. Thanks.
    Strip

You want Delete Directory.  It gets rid of everything inferior to the
directory you supply it.  This is documented in the Site Operations
manual (in the same section as Delete File).