backing up to scsi disk?

    Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1991 13:38-0400
    From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>
    I think the function that I saw in the dumper, and which I tried to use,
    was LMFS:BACKUP-SIMULATE-TAPE.  I figured that this was intended to let
    you emulate a tape with a file stream; when it didn't work, I assumed
    that it was just obsolete and hadn't been enhanced as the dumper's needs
    evolved.

No, it's intended to let you debug the dumper by printing out
on the screen everything the dumper does to the tape.  But you're
right about it being obsolete.