Re: [not about] Moving harddisk

    Date: Fri, 23 Aug 91  12:50:22 EDT
    From: delaney@xn.ll.mit.edu (John R. Delaney)

    Ah, the things we learn to do keeping senile equipment running on a tight
    budget.

I realize you were just making a joke, but it made me think about how we
perceive our computers these days.  Ten years old and obsolete, even
though it still runs like (or better than) brand new and the software is
the best ever.  I see no real reason to buy an XL<whatever> (sorry about
that, Symbolics), until such time as I get work involving frame throwers
or other such stuff that doesn't work in my 36xx machines.  And if it
involves audio, well....