Unix from Lispm. [was Symbolics prices (not only in Europe)]

    Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1991 21:44-0000
    From: Reti@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Kalman Reti)

    [...]

    (My facetious suggestion of porting Unix to run under Genera would allow for
    solve the Unix-system part of the problem.  This isn't as bad an idea as it
    sounds; when we ported several VLSI tools to the Symbolics C the type-checking
    found several unitialized variable-style bugs which would have caused wrong
    answers on traditional architecture machines.)

On a parallel note, my 3600 console has what looks suspiciously to a
68000 based unix processor sleeping in it.

What is the history behind that?