Sound Request.

    Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1991 09:51-0000
    From: p2@porter.asl.dialnet.symbolics.com (Peter Paine)
    Our 36xx based simulator makes sounds in parallel, hence no jerkiness in
    displays. Porting to the XL for speed, finding sound below the absolute
    minimum, has made us double take at that upgrade route. Looking at sound
    on the MacIvory, Genera seems to stop in its tracks as the Mac sounds
    off.

System 7 has improvements in this area such that it should no
longer be true.  Other Mac applications had the same
characterstic.

Whether the Genera application is actually going to see the
improvements or not, I don't know.  (I no longer have a
MacIvory in my Mac, so I can't check).