Lisp stopped itself...

    Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1991 18:22 EDT
    From: gadbois@cs.utexas.edu (David Gadbois)

	Date: Sat, 14 Sep 91 22:05 PDT
	From: Scott_Busse%mindlink.bc.ca@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM (Scott Busse)

	(help!)
	The situation:
	On about the fifth time I have booted this machine (a 3650 with FPA,
	736 Meg CDC drive, running Genera 7.1), I have come up against an error which
	will not allow Lisp to run.

	[...]

	  Lisp stopped itself.
	  Halt reason ("Disk Error ~D, operation ~D, ~
	  <211><211><211> Unit ~D, cylinder ~D, head ~D, sector ~D,
		 continue to retry." " %DISK-ERROR-SEARCH 11(8) 0(8) 2402(8) 21(8))

	[...]

    My initial idea was that you had a bad disk block.  However, the disk
    address you gave was on unit 9 (#o11), which seems unlikely.

#o11 was the operation.  The disk unit is 0, which is perfectly
reasonable.  I think he left out one of the arguments, because there are
more ~D's than there are arguments (there's also either an extra or
missing doublequote).

								  Perhaps
    something else is wrong, or maybe you just mistyped it.  If the former,
    you are your own, but if its the latter, you can do

	(si:fix-fep-file
	  (car
	    (si:get-file-containing
	      (si:dpn-from-address #o11 #o0 #o2402 #o21))))

    substituting in the right disk address.  Since this is a repeatable
    error, there probably really is a bad block in one of your paging files
    or world loads.  SI:FIX-FEP-FILE will scan the file and ask you if you
    want to splice out the bad block.

I don't think SI:FIX-FEP-FILE was in Genera 7.1.

                                                barmar