CLX problem

We use NeXTstations among others as X front-ends. One major problem
with screen hardcopies (FUNCTION-Q) which let the Ivory run into the
debugger is the lack of support of CLX for X servers with a pixel
depth of 2, i.e. 4 gray levels on a NeXT. I looked on the CLX code
for get-image and the inferior functions and everywhere they make
checks for 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, etc. bits per pixel but not for 2.
Is there any patch which fixes this problem or do I have to write the
appropriate function hooks in the CLX code by myself?

Bernd Wild

Forschungszentrum Informatik FZI
Dept. Technical Expert Systems and Robotics
Haid-und-Neu-Strasse 10-14
D-7500 Karlsruhe GERMANY

Tel:   +49-721-6906-310
Fax:   +49-721-6906-309