Overlapping CLIM presentations

Has anybody come up with a hack to override CLIM's (as I perceive)
mishandling of mouse clicking on valid overlapping presentations.
The user should get a list or better yet a menu of those objects
that those presentations represent to choose from but
alas poor CLIM only outputs the last presentation that was placed
on top of the others  (this should be considered a bug).  Yes, I
know you can write yet another presentation type for handling presentation
groups, but in my dynamic changing application display (if the user
changes scale, etc.) that sure seems to be a lot of extra overhead
to implement a low level capability that CLIM should handled.