Not Copying Selected Files

A couple of months ago, I had a file with a bad block in it.  I renamed the file and made it
non-deletable.  A kind soul gave me a patch to the LMFS dumper that will let me skip backing up
selected files by setting a property on the file.  I just installed a  1.4 Gig drive on my
Macivory and I want to backup our current file-server to the new drive in order to exercise it.
This same file is giving me problems.  Is there anyway to set a don't copy property or a patch
that will let me copy all files except a selected few ?

Thanks, Steve