Re: [spr4601] clim questions from slug

Am I right i thinking that the questions below got answered on the
clim/slug mailing list?

Your problem report has been assigned a tracking id of spr4601,
so please use this id in the subject line of any mail related to
it so that we may better track communication on your inquiry.
Also, please cc bugs@franz.com, so your questions can be answered
if I am unavailable.

-----
Chris Richardson, Franz Inc.	1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
cer@Franz.COM (internet)	Berkeley, CA  94704
uunet!franz!cer (uucp)		Phone: (510) 548-3600; FAX: (510) 548-8253

  I am on a SPARC in Allegro w/ CLIM 1.0.  I have an application frame with two layouts (Normal, and Editor).  I have been doing some experimentation with
  swapping layouts in an application via an application command.  The first
  problem I have notice is that if you have a command like.

  (define-my-application-command (swap-them-back-and-forth :name t) ()
     (set-frame-layout 'Different-Layout)
     (sleep 10)           ;plenty of time to swap them panes around!
     (set-frame-layout 'Original-Layout))

  The command will only do the first set-frame-layout.  My interactor pane that
  is included with both layouts is still active though.  So if I use a different
  command that just does (set-frame-layout 'Original-Layout), I can get back
  to my original layout.  Why can't I swap more than one layout within the same
  command??????

  The second problem I am having is that within the same application command,
  when I swap layouts I cannot do output to the newly exposed pane of my new
  layout (even with force-output).  However, If I put the same code in a
  different command and then invoke it after invoking the command that swaps the
  layouts , the output will appear on the newly exposed frame.  Why can't I
  output within the same command when I swap layouts?

  In my case I am trying to setup up a single command in which the person invokes
  a multi-page editor on a presentation object that is in a timeline like
  display.  I would like to do this in a single step.  But right now the only
  way to get it to work is invoking three commands (when I should be able to do
  it with only one)!  Is there something trivial that I am missing?