Force Incremental Update *while* a command is running?

I'm using Dynamic Windows (Genera 8.1) and have a situation where I'm
running a command that causes changes to panes that have redisplay
functions associated with them, and I want to see the changes *while*
the command is running.

What's really happening is that the user is calling a command that is
invoking a script of other commands (which are run using
cp:execute-command), and we want the user to be able to watch the
sequence of command actions as they are invoked.  Currently, commands
that cause a change of program configuration can be observed (i.e. the
configuration changes while the user-invoked command is running).
However, changes caused by commands that update a pane in the
displayed configuration are not displayed while the command is
running.

I've tried sending a blip to the command pane at appropriate points,
but that doesn't work, presumably because the blip is queued until the
currently running user-invoked command is completed.

Anybody have a suggestion on how to accomplish this?

Bob Kass					(kass@cmi.com)
EDS Center for Advanced Research (CFAR)		313-995-0900
  (former the Center for Machine Intelligence)  FAX: 313-995-0991
2001 Commonwealth Blvd
Ann Arbor, MI 48105