more on CD-ROM

Since the tide of the conversation has turned temporarily to CD-ROM...

Who else is using CD-ROM as a SYS host? What sort of problems have you
had in combining the distribution software with layered products?

For example, we found that Concordia tries to load several SAB files
from SYS:DOC;ZMACS, which, unlike for the rest of the doc files, doesn't
seem to translate properly. Trying to load individual SAB files from the
CD throws to the debugger.

What is the "ideal" SYS.TRANSLATIONS file? We started by defaulting to
the CD, and providing explicit translations for layered products, but
it's hard to get all of the cases. We ended up doing the opposite,
because at least the number of directories on the CD is bounded.

John Krieger (s9274@srl1.lanl.gov)
Westinghouse Savannah River Company