Concordia-like system on the MAC or IBM --- hypertext + desktop publishing question

Imagine you want to maintain both large flowchart diagrams and text that
goes with them, explaining how to interpret the diagrams. You want to
maintain the text in one place in your organization, but be able to
print it out as a book/document. Having on-line hypertext access, both for
maintainers and reviewers and users is also what you want (otherwise all
you need is PageMaker, right?)

First question: is there anything like this running on the MAC and/or
IBMs? The costs may prevent doing this with full Concordia and the
Ivory, though that would be preferred. I need to know if there is any
possibility at all.

Second, you want to be able to reference parts of the flowcharts from
the text/hyptertext document, so you can maintain one copy of the
diagrams. I can imagine hacking something between Concordia and our
WYSIWYG flowchart editor, but what would it be like to do that with MAC
or IBM software?

any help gratefully received, thanks