Re: STREAMP and CLOS

> Gack!  This surprising behavior can be obtained simply by loading
> CLIM!  Bern, are you trying this in an environment with CLIM 1.0
> loaded?
>

> This bug is caused by a team effort of several random Genera/CLIM
> facilities.
>

> I am going to be pretty embarrassed if Mr. Wild is not using
> CLIM.

You are absolutely right!! We use Genera 8.1 with CLIM 1.0. In the
former 8.0 world no CLIM was loaded.
We used the STREAMP function for our database system for persistent
CLOS objects in order to test the things to be stored. If they are
streams we simply ignore them. Otherwise we know how to dump them
out. Now with 8.1+CLIM nearly everything is a stream so nothing can
be stored! We are now looking for a different test which works as
expected.
Bernd Wild

Bernd Wild

Forschungszentrum Informatik FZI
Dept. Technical Expert Systems and Robotics
Haid-und-Neu-Strasse 10-14
D-7500 Karlsruhe GERMANY

Tel:   +49-721-9654-310
Fax:   +49-721-9654-309