setting EMD368 drive to unit1

    Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1992 11:10 EST
    From: Scott_Busse%mindlink.bc.ca@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM (Scott Busse)

    I'm trying to mount a Sabre SMD 368 meg drive
    (from another 3650) as a second drive (a 736
    meg drive is the first, unit0 drive) on a
    3650. Can anyone tell me what jumpers need
    to be set to indicate unit1 on the drive?
    There's two sets of dip switches on the drive,
    one is a set marked 1 to 10, and the other is
    a set marked 1 to 8. Do the A and B cables
    remain in the same position on the drive as
    they were for unit0 use? Thanks for any help!

You haven't looked hard enough for all the DIP switches!

On the metal side, usually under a translucent plastic guard, there are
three sets of DIP switches marked 1 to 6.  Switches 1 to 3 on in the
left set are the unit number.  Switch 1 is the low-order bit, and Open
is a 1 bit.  So you want to set them to Open, Closed, Closed (which
probably means just toggling switch 1).

The cables go in the same place.  The cable with the larger connector (I
can never remember which is A and B) should be daisy-chained between the
two drives (i.e. it replaces the terminator on the original drive).  The
other connectors on the drive are for dual porting (connecting a disk to
multiple hosts).

                                                barmar