Portable way to get a function's arg list (ala Control-Shift-A)?

    Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1992 16:40 EST
    From: hall@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Marty Hall)

    Is there a portable way to get the parameter list to a function?
    Ie I want a way to be able to tell the user that function Foo
    has two required args named xxx and yyy and one &optional arg
    named zzz with a default value of aaa, just as Symbolics does
    with control-shift-A (and elsewhere).  I tried to see how Symbolics did
    it, but I couldn't find anything portable, especially as I'm not
    allowed to assume anything about the structure of the object "function"
    or "symbol-function" returns (right?). IS there a way?

    I assume the answer is "no", but I wanted to confirm this with the
    wizards.
					    - Marty
    (setf (need-p 'disclaimer) NIL)

arglist, e.g.: (arglist 'foo) returns information on function foo.
As near as I can tell this is Symbolics, not CL.  But I'm no
wizard.

Liam M. Healy
Code 8242, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC 20375
Telephone: 202-404-8338
Internet: Healy@space50.nrl.navy.mil
Composed on 3/23/92 17:00:01 at SPACE20 (a Symbolics 3620)