odd console cable

I purchased a monochrome monitor from ADS, which
turns out to be for a 3600, apparently not at
all compatible with a 3650. Along with it was
the console cable, which had the same connector
on one end as the '50, but on the other end
it was hacked into a male BNC connector, and
a db15 female. Does anyone know what this is
for? My assumption would be that the BNC part
is the video signal, and the db15 is somehow
the keyboard/mouse signals...except that I
no longer make assumptions :) (right Dave?)
Thanks for any tips!  Scott
( and a big thanks to Barry Margolin for the
  BOL/IFS help. I hope Symbolics appreciates
  his proliferation of the Symbolics spirit)
--
* Scott Busse                  O    O   O_     _      ___ .....