Slooow Terminals

My Lispm seems to be wedged so that it only creates terminals at what looks
like 1200 baud with SELECT-T.  There must be some magic variable that I can
reset to correct this behavior--how do I fix it?  Reset Networks does not
do the trick, and logout/login does not help.  All remote machines are affected.
Behavior was noticed after rebooting the machine, I probably started up
a terminal before the reboot sequence was finished.       Thank you,  John~~