XL400/1200 Block Size?

    Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1992 08:54 EDT
    From: smith@icat.larc.nasa.gov (Steven L. Smith)

    I want to save my LMFS files in the fep directory buy apparently
    I need to specify the byte size in the files attribute list.
    What is the byte size for a block on a XL400/1200 machine?
    Is this documented anywhere?

On LMFS, each file has an attribute indicating whether it's a character
file or a binary file, and in the latter case what the byte size is.

The FEP file system has no equivalent attribute; the system guesses
whether a file is character or binary from the file type.  If it's
binary, I think it only supports 8-bit bytes.  Since .bin and .ibin
files use 16-bit bytes, I don't think you can load them from the FEP
file system.

The FEP file system is not a general-purpose file system.  It's a pretty
simple file system, optimized for holding a few (mostly large) files.
The only design feature it shares with LMFS is the pathname syntax.

                                                barmar