hardcopy to networked printers

I have two Symbolii on a network which also has many unix boxes.  The
namespace server (ICE) is a XL400 and the other (Magrathea) is a 3650.
Both are running Genera 8.1.  I have entered several printers into the
namespace.  These include a printer whose print spooler is ICE and several
whose spoolers are unix boxes.  My problem is that ICE is very happy to
send hardcopy to any of the printers, but Magrathea will only send hardcopy
to the printer on ICE.

When I do a (net:find-paths-to-service :hardcopy),
on ICE:
(#<NETI:SERVICE-ACCESS-PATH HARDCOPY (LOCAL-PRINTER-QUEUE-HARDCOPY) --
	ICE locally 1064437>
 #<NETI:SERVICE-ACCESS-PATH HARDCOPY (UNIX-LPD) -- EMMA on INTERNET 1064527>
 #<NETI:SERVICE-ACCESS-PATH HARDCOPY (UNIX-LPD) -- HAWK on INTERNET 1064544>
 #<NETI:SERVICE-ACCESS-PATH HARDCOPY (UNIX-LPD) -- THUNDER on INTERNET 1064561>
)

on Magrathea:
(#<NETI:SERVICE-ACCESS-PATH HARDCOPY (LOCAL-HARDCOPY) -- Magrathea locally 17132736>
 #<NETI:SERVICE-ACCESS-PATH HARDCOPY (PRINTER-QUEUE) -- ICE on INTERNET 17132774>
)

I have checked the /etc/hosts.lpd file on Thunder at least and it is +,
so there shouldn't be a problem with Magrathea not having permission to
use the printer.

Anyone have a clue as to why I can't access the networked unix printers
with the 3650? And BTW, what is the access path on Magrathea locally mean?

Thanks for your help,

Cory Morse  morse@zephyr.rap.ucar.edu   morse@ncar.ucar.edu