[avruch@RIVERSIDE.SCRC.Symbolics.COM: Symbolics Software Updates Available]

Note:  This message was originally sent 4/30/92 but appears not to have
been delivered, possibly because of mailer problems.
-------------------Begin forwarded message-----------
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1992 15:02 EDT
From: Sheryl Avruch <avruch@RIVERSIDE.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: Symbolics Software Updates Available
To: slug%ai.sri.com@RIVERSIDE.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
cc: Avruch@RIVERSIDE.SCRC.Symbolics.COM

The following software update announcement was mailed in hardcopy
version to software maintenance customers earlier this month.  We're
repeating the information here, in case our mailing missed you.

To order an update, you can respond to this messsage.  Please provide
all the information requested.

NEW UPDATES AVAILABLE

Symbolics is now compatible with Apple Quadra and Sun 4/6xx.

Genera 8.1.1 MacIvory Embedded Life Support Update #1 implements support
for the Macintosh Quadra family of computers and the DayStar Digital RAM
PowerCard.  The software is compatible with MacIvory model 1 and
MacIvory model 2 without additional hardware.  It is important to note
that any National Semiconductor NS 8/16 Memory Expansion Board installed
in a Quadra must be fully configured with 16MB of RAM or the Quadra will
not boot.  The DayStar PowerCard is an alternative for MacIvory models 1
and 2 in any model Macintosh.  A single RAM PowerCard supports 4MB to
256MB of memory.  The MacIvory model 3 requires a hardware ECO to be
compatible with a Quadra.  The hardware ECO is available from Symbolics
Customer Service (800-824-4263).  Genera 8.1.1 MacIvory ELS Update #1 is
compatible with Macintosh System Software versions 6.0.7, 6.0.8, 7.0,
and 7.0.1; it is also compatible with Apple's System 7 Tune-Up.

Genera 8.1.1 UX Embedded Life Support Update #1 provides support for the
Sun 4/6xx machine series (the 4/630, 4/670, and 4/690).  It is not
intended for use on other Sun models.  This release is compatible with
Genera 8.1.1 and SunOS 4.1.2.

CLIM 1.1, an interim release preceding Genera CLIM 2.0, contains fixes
for bugs reported by users of CLIM 1.0 and some improvements contained
in the later versions of CLIM 1.0 on other platforms.  CLIM 1.1 on
Genera is compatible with CLIM 1.1 on Franz Allegro Common Lisp, and
with CLIM 1.0 on Lucid Common Lisp.  This tape also includes a patch for
Statice Runtime that improves the reliability of UFS file systems and
Statice databases.  The risk of data corruption due to potentially out-
of-date saved free maps has been eliminated.  With this patch, the free
maps are rebuilt from the current state of the directory to ensure
consistency.

TO ORDER:

Eligible customers can complete the following form and respond to this
message or return a completed hardcopy version to Software Releases,
Symbolics, Inc., 8 New England Executive Park, Burlington, MA 01803.
Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery.

[ ] Please send me the Genera 8.1.1 MacIvory ELS Update #1
[ ] Please send me the Genera 8.1.1 UX ELS Update #1
[ ] Please send me the CLIM 1.1/Statice Runtime update
[ ] QIC-11 format		[ ] QIC-100 format

At least one eligible serial number at your site:

Technical contact:		Phone:___/__________

Company name:

Mail stop/Dept.:		Building:

Street address: