mail signatures

    Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1992 10:58 EDT
    From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>
	From: Vincent Keunen <scosysv!keunen@nrbmi2.ia.nrb.be>

	Is there a way to define signatures to be automatically added to the end
	of a mail message?

    I advise ZWEI:COM-SEND-MESSAGE and ZWEI:COM-EXIT-COM-MAIL to insert a
    signature in the buffer.  Here's my code: ...

Barmar's implementation is nice and general, and probably what you want
to use.  I offer my dumber approach for its educational value.  Put
something like this in your Zmail profile:

  ;;;
  ;;; Included in all compositions.
  ;;; Add a signature.
  (DEFTEMPLATE USER-TEMPLATE
    (:TEMPLATE COMPATIBLE-USER-TEMPLATE)
    (:TEXT "
  Douglas Dodds   (dodds@symbolics.com)
  Symbolics, Inc.
  Concord, Mass.")
    (:TYPE :COMPOSE))

Disadvantages: (1) it only works in Zmail; (2) it inserts the signature
at the end of the draft when you first start the draft, so you have to
edit around it.

But there it is.