Re: High Resolution Color Monitor

if it (and yr video board) take color coax (not sure if this is
required) and do sync-on-green, that's probably all you need. most
older (let's say mid-80s, I don't know about brand-new ones) do
sync-on-green, meaning that the green-channel input is used for
synchronization of some sort (i've forgotten which) and it's up to yr
video board to do the real work.

of course there probably are limits (pixel-res) which have an effect.
I wouldn't assume that the monitor was more than 1000x800 or whatever
the exact number is.

(actually, my recollection is that the B&W monitor had the extra
pixels, but you couldn't do anything with them)

 -- clint