Re: Running a 3640 on the Internet Only

>You don't need to use the internet domain resolver.  You can use TCP
>based namespace service for your 3640.  Use the :Set Network-address FEP
>command to specify the Internet address of the 3640 [Note:  You will
>still need to do :Set Chaos-address because of an NFEP bug, but it will
>be ignored by Lisp].
>
>The important requirement is that the namespace server has the service
>triples NAMESPACE TCP NAMESPACE and NAMESPACE-TIMESTAMP UDP
>NAMESPACE-TIMESTAMP.  This should allow your 3640 to use TCP to get
>namespace information.
>
>Note:  All the machines at your site should be running 8.0 or greater
>before adding TCP based namespace services to your namespace server.
>Older releases of Genera would get confused at boot time with TCP based
>namespace services.

None of this seems to work on my 3640.  I'm running 8.1.1 and using the file
V127-lisp.flod.66 (*-lisp.flod is indicated in site operations as relevant).
All other flods are version 66 or 67.

After scaning flods, initializing hardware tables, mounting fep1, and
declaring paging, the fep says it doesn't recognize the set network address
command.  Also, it doesn't recognize the set boot options command.

?????

Jeff Barnett