3640 boot problems

I have spent a couple of hours this morning trying to resurrect a 3640.
I have identified at least one bad board (DP), and I suspect several
others and have replaced them as well. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty
sure I have replaced every board in the machine except the FPA. Before I
say anything else, there's always the possibility that one of my spares
is bad.

The current symptom is that the machine halts during booting after
having received the "Clear Machine" command:

Error: Decode load stopped with error

When the machine has gotten past "Clear Machine", it halts after the
"start" command:

FEP Lbus Control: Doorbell Int Enb, Use Corrected Data, Ignore Double ECC Error, Task 3 Dismiss
FEP Proc Control: FEP Int Enable
Sequencer Error Status: B-memory parity error

Two other items:

1) After loading microcode, a message appears which reads

-- Assuming old format MIC file

(the microcode version "appears" to be correct for the world)

2) After "Load World" the Lisp release is identified as 7.2, even though
the Lisp release of the world is 8.1

Sine this machine has booted an 8.1 world in the recent pass, I am
unsure as to how I should proceed. I would appreciate any helpful
suggestions.

John Krieger (s9274@srl1.lanl.gov)
Westinghouse Savannah River Company