having a Macivory problem

I think maybe my macivory has died. it's been flaky recently...

anyway, I get a failure message on mac-boot, saying "communications
area doesn't have enough memory allocated" and do I want to disable
the macivory. I've tried increasing the comm memory area via the
control panel CDEV, but that hasn't helped even slightly.

I have not checked to see that the boards are all firmly seated in
their connectors.

any suggestions as to what I can do to test things further?

 -- clint