Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1992 15:55+0200
From: s9274@srl1.LANL.GOV
To: "keunen@nrb.be"@BETA.LANL.GOV
Subject: re: redefining select-C

The following code fragment is from SYS:WINDOW;ACTIVITIES.LISP:

;;; -*- Mode: LISP; Syntax: Common-lisp; Package: COMMON-LISP-INTERNALS; Lowercase: Yes -*-

(defun set-select-key-activity (char activity-name &key clobber-p)
  (setf char (char-upcase (make-char char)))
  (when (or (eq clobber-p t)
	    (let ((old (gethash char *select-key-table*)))
	      (or (null old)
		  (string-equal old activity-name)
		  (and (stringp clobber-p) (string-equal old clobber-p))
		  sys:inhibit-fdefine-warnings
		  fs:this-is-a-patch-file
		  (yes-or-no-p "Change Select-~C from ~A to ~A? " char old activity-name))))
    (setf (gethash char *select-key-table*) activity-name)
    t))

You might try ADVISEing the function so that CLOBBER-P is T, or for your
special case, that it is bound to "Converse".

John Krieger (s9274@srl1.lanl.gov)
Westinghouse Savannah River Company