CLIM on X screen

   Date: Fri, 11 Dec 92 16:06:44 GMT
   From: Steven L. Smith <smith@icat.larc.nasa.gov>

   I would like to know if I can bring up a clim window on my remote
   X symbolics screen? Here's the scenario. I'm sitting down at
   my SGI UNIX workstation with a Symbolics X environment (via Start X
   Screen). I would now like to expose a clim window in the same enviroment.
   The problem is that the clim window gets exposed on the
   Symbolics main (real) console screen. How do I get what I want?

   Here's the sample code:

   (DEFVAR *clim-screen* (OPEN-ROOT-WINDOW :SHEET))
   (DEFVAR *clim-window* (OPEN-WINDOW-STREAM :PARENT *clim-screen*))
   (WINDOW-EXPOSE *clim-window*)

I think that you have two choices:

1) Use the :SCREEN option to OPEN-ROOT-WINDOW to specify that you want
the CLIM interaction to happen on the remote screen connected to the
SGI.

2) Use the CLX back-end of CLIM instead of the Genera back-end:
   (open-root-window :clx :host "sgi-name")