May Symbolics thrive...

   Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1993 17:06 -0500
   From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>

       Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1993 16:07 EST
       From: Richard Billington <buff@cc.gatech.edu>

       I remember people used to complain about getting dumped into some frightening
       place called "the cold load stream" - I guess getting dumped to the unix
       monitor prompt (which has only a small set of possible actions, most of which
       mean booting the machine, none of which will help you figure out why your
       there) is more understandable to some.

   Don't get me wrong, I love my Lispm.  But Unix doesn't crash down to the
   monitor prompt nearly as often as Genera dumps you into the cold load
   stream.

[reasonable complaints about robustness of Genera X software removed]

     -- I finally got tired of it and ADVISEd the X error
   function so it always ignores the error).

Try THAT with one of your Unix X clients!