question about official definition of SETQ in CLtL2 p. 121

SLUG might not be the right forum for this. Could someone please point me to
the correct mailing list.

The question is this: What is supposed to be the value returned by
(SETQ X (VALUES 1 2))?
CLtL2 p. 121 is ambiguous on this. It says ``SETQ returns the last value
assigned, that is, the result of the evaluation of its last argument.''
In this case ``the last value assignned'' is 1 but ``the result of evaluating
the last argument'' is the multiple value 1 2. So should (SETQ X (VALUES 1 2))
return the single value 1 or the multiple value 1 2? I'm not asking what
implementations actually do, I'm asking what the correct interpretation of
CLtL2 is and whether this is made more explicit in the ANSI draft.
	Jeff