Terminal defaults done

Thanks to everyone for their tips on setting the terminal
defaults. (setf telnet:*nvt-overstrike-default* nil) worked
fine, but for the dialnet connection I'm making, a dial-raw
connection to a local bbs, what works is a login form of
  (setq telnet:*otherwise* :vt100-terminal-simulator).
These little things that I'm asking, and getting answers to,
are going a long way to help my understanding of this
system, btw. If I wasn't so busy, this sure would be a great
hacker's system! Everyone should have one :) Scott