CD-ROM on Sun as SYS host

Has anyone set up a CD-ROM on a Sun as their SYS host?  The Genera 8.3
documentation suggests that this is possible, but the instructions are
incorrect and/or incomplete on how to do it.

The problem is that dash characters have been replaced by underscores in the
CD-ROM filenames.  I had assumed that this would be fairly easy to correct
using the logical pathname mechanisms.  But pathname translations are clearly
inadequate, since a filename may have an arbitrary number of underscores.  None
of the predefined translation rules seem appropriate (:vms-heuristicate allows
character substitution, but also does other nasty things).  It would appear
that I need to code a new translation rule to do the job...

1) Am I missing some easier fix?
2) If not, has someone already written such a translation rule?

			Thanks!
			Terry Barnes

INTERNET:  tbarnes@teknowledge.com
  USENET:  {hplabs|sun|ucbvax|decwrl}!tbarnes%teknowledge.com
HARDCOPY:  Cimflex Teknowledge, 1810 Embarcadero Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303
   PHONE:  (415) 424-0500 x416     FAX:  (415) 493-2645