tables

I agree that it would be nice to be able to specify the hash and comparison
functions.  The nonstandard stuff I use is a table-walker, an
association-list to table conversion (and vice versa) and, for my own
perverse reasons, I sometimes need to get back a random (not arbitrary)
element from a table.

One thing that bothers me is that table-entries that have never been
defined return nil.  I often want to discriminate between values that
have never been set and ones that have been set to nil.  Shouldn't
uninitialized table-entries return some undefined value instead of nil?

                                                 Larry
-------