Nil v. UndefinedTableValue

After bringing up the issue and listening (?) to the various replies,
I find myself inclined to side with Rees and retract my initial wish.

In situations where I want to know if an entry has been actually set
to nil, there are a variety of approaches I can use on top of the vanilla
package (eg, maintain a list of keys as a table entry, cons each entry
to some symbol thereby simulating multiple value return, etc).  If I
don't care, I can use the vanilla package.  I have been doing this all
along, and, given T's philosophy of providing the minimum sufficient
functionality and leaving the driving to us, I don't see any compelling
reason to change.

My comments about having hooks for providing hashing and equality
functions still stand, tho.

                                            Larry
-------