join

I want to have a version of join that gives each of the joined
objects an opportunity to handle the operation, and does *not*
stop after the first. I don't care what is returned, as I want
to modify the joined objects, not query them. Is there some
convenient way to do this already that I'm overlooking? Right
now I'm rolling my own join using *object, which doesn't appear
to be a released T feature. Perhaps the right thing would be
to be able to specify join's behaviour on an operation-by-operation
basis.