[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Heap size smaller than requested
- To: t-discussion@YALE.ARPA (Newsgroups: arpa.t-discussion)
- Subject: Heap size smaller than requested
- From: Ram-Ashwin@YALE.ARPA (Ashwin Ram)
- Date: Sat ,2 Jul 88 13:00:06 EDT
- Full-name: Ashwin Ram
- Keywords: heap size
- Organization: Computer Science, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520-2158
- Reply-to: Ram-Ashwin@YALE.ARPA (Ashwin Ram)
On occasion I get the following message from T3.0:
;Heap allocated smaller than requested.
;2818048 bytes per heap, 524288 bytes reserved
This particular message occurred when I was trying to start T3.0 with a heap
size of 8 Meg. The Apollo node on which I did this had 52 Meg free, so it
couldn't have been a shortage of memory.
Why does this happen, and how can I get around it?