[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Redefining structures
- To: T-Discussion@YALE.ARPA
- Subject: Re: Redefining structures
- From: Jonathan Rees <Rees@YALE.ARPA>
- Date: Fri ,9 Mar 84 00:53:32 EDT
- In-reply-to: Drew McDermott <Mcdermott>, Thu, 8 Mar 84 20:11:54 EST
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 84 20:11:54 EST
From: Drew McDermott <Mcdermott>
The way STYPE etc. are currently defined, if you redefine a structure
type it is verboten to access anything built using the old definition.
This occasionally forces me to reload a large program. In many cases
the structure type has not really been redefined; I just reloaded
an old file for some reason, and redefined the structure in it. In
other cases the redefinition adds a slot or something to the structure.
Right. This is a bug; I have no philosophical opposition to making
T "do the right thing". I will try to fix this for T 2.8.