Re: user survey

    (a) It should be compatible with Common Lisp, so that LET and
        DESTRUCTURE are identical.

In my dialect of Lisp (which I seem to port to whichever Lisp I use) I
use implicit destructuring pervasively throughout the language:  In LET,
procedure formal parameters, macro formal parameters, the Yale Loop,
DESETQ, etc.  Lately I've been considering extending the syntax to include
records, vectors, and other aggregates, a la Mesa.

Only very a few of our applications of implicit destructuring might be
superceeded by multiple return values.  I consider multiple return values
to be primarily an efficiency hack -- returning aggregrates is preferrable
if one can afford the consing.
-------