lightweight processes

My comment that no one knows what the wins with lightweight processes
are seems to have invoked some mild flames. Let me clarify. What I meant
was not that no one has ever worked with them or implemented them,
but rather that less is known about how best to exploit them than
currently remains unknown -- ie., I was not tring to say they may turn
out to be worthless, but rather that they probably have uses no one
has thought of yet. Based on this belief, I was arguing for a
relatively unrestricted set of primitives that would support
exploration of those possibilities.
-------