Scoping and EVAL

Are there good reasons for not including a form in T such as:

(with-environment locale <form1> <form2> ...)

The way I see this being used is to let many procedures share state
information via locale, yet be able to use the state variables
freely within their definitions.  It is rather nasty to have to
provide the explicit references to locale which is the way to do
this now.

Does this utterly destroy the semantics of T?  It seems to me to
be like eval except that the forms are evaluated as is and not
compiled.

Seth