(tak ...) benchmarks

A few months ago someone on this list published the following benchmarks
for

	(tak 18 12 6)

in T:

	On Apollo in T fixnum recklssnss low   6.1   seconds compiled
	On Apollo in T fixnum recklssnss high  3.5   seconds compiled
	On Apollo in T fixnum block compiled   3.0   seconds compiled
	On 11/750 in T fixnum recklssnss low   5.9   seconds compiled
	On 11/750 in T fixnum recklssnss high  2.4   seconds compiled
	On 11/750 in T fixnum block compiled   1.9   seconds compiled
	On 11/780 in T fixnum recklssnss low   3.4   seconds compiled
	On 11/780 in T fixnum recklssnss high  1.7   seconds compiled
	On 11/780 in T fixnum block compiled   1.26  seconds compiled

    "Recklssnss" refers to a run-time switch which controls
    consistency checking in function calls.  Pardon the
    abbreviation; I wanted it to fit the format of the
    chart.  "Block compiled" means that TAK was made a
    local function using LABELS so that calls would be
    compiled as direct jumps.

    The timings were obtained by running a loop which
    computed (tak 18 12 6) ten times and dividing elapsed
    (wall) time by ten.

    The 750 was running Unix; the 780 was running VMS.

I am doing some comparisions with a PERQ running COMMON LISP, and I
cannot reproduce anthing close to those numbers in T on a DN300 or
a DN460! Could you send me your code an tell me the configuration of
the machine you ran that on.

	Thanks
	-Charlie Dolan