Conditional heralds

I am writing a system in T that I plan to compile.  For some files, the
set of required support files depends on which computer is to host the
system.  In particular, I want the block size for file I/O to be an
integrable constant.  Am I right in assuming that the correct way of
doing this is to make a support environment for all machine depended
files?

On the subject of modules, there is an article called "Equality, Types,
Modules, and (Why Not?) Generics for Logic Programming" by Joseph A.
Goguen and Jose Meseguer in J. Logic Programming 1984:2:179-210.  In
effect, they suggest a strongly typed AI language.  I'm not sure what to
make of this proposal.
John