Re: Lexically vs. Dynamically scoped Lisps.

Thanks for your answer. I now see the point about lexical scoping leading to
efficiency in accessing the value of a variable at run time. I think the
efficiency would be present not only in compiled code but in interpreted
code as well. This is certainly important. But perhaps the more important
point is, as you indirectly point out, and also Charles Dolan in a separate
message, that lexical scoping is necessary for correct implementation of
lamdba calculus reduction rules.

Sanjai Narain