[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: detecting uninitialized components of structures.
- To: Larry Hunter <Hunter@YALE.ARPA>
- Subject: Re: detecting uninitialized components of structures.
- From: Scott Turner <srt@UCLA-LOCUS>
- Date: Tue ,12 Mar 85 13:37:30 EDT
- Cc: t-discussion@YALE.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Message of Sun, 10 Mar 85 11:28:05 EST from "Larry Hunter <Hunter@YALE.ARPA>" <8503101647.AA13698@YALE-BULLDOG.YALE.ARPA>
One way to do it is to initialize the master copy of the structure
so that all components are nil. Then none of the resulting structures
will have uninitialized component parts.
Of course, this hack doesn't work if you need nil as a special value.
It would be nice to have BOUND and something similar for component parts
of a structure, but I've about given up hope...
-- Scott Turner