[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CSI Lisp Price
- To: Meehan@YALE.ARPA
- Subject: Re: CSI Lisp Price
- From: Andy Freeman <ANDY@SU-SUSHI>
- Date: Tue ,16 Jul 85 15:34:26 EDT
- Cc: linus!ramsdell@MITRE-BEDFORD, T-Discussion@YALE.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Message from "Jim Meehan <Meehan@YALE.ARPA>" of Tue 16 Jul 85 11:19:41-PDT
One of the differences between Common Lisp and Ada(tm) is the "(tm)".
DoD owns the name and can control what is called Ada. Common Lisp
doesn't have that feature. Therefore, since my lisp is just as common
as yours, I can call it common lisp, no matter what it is.
I believe that T shares this common lisp feature, scheme almost
certainly does. Does Yale own the name T? Did they license it to
CSI, or just the code?
Predictability is worth a lot.