BINDing unbounds

I realize this is unlikely to be acceptable, but it would eliminate
a nuisance if in T2.7, whenever BIND encountered an unbound variable
it was supposed to bind, it would go ahead and set it to (), restoring
it to () on its way out.  In converting my code from 2.6, I have
encountered a dozen errors of this type, and in every case all that is
required is to set the variable to ().  If () seems arbitrary, or
even too much like Lisp, then we could use **UNBOUND-VARIABLE-BIND-DEFAULT**
or something equally mnemonic.
-------