[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
As promised, T 2.7 has been released:
- On the Yale research ring, run "chkupd" to get it on your node.
If you run "tc", you will automatically get the new version,
thanks to the wonders of links. T 2.6 will continue to be
available as "//fs1/t/t2.6/sys/t" and "//fs1/t/t2.6/comp/tc".
- On the Yale Unix Vaxes, version 2.7 will be available as "t"
and "tc" in /usr/yale/bin as soon it has been copied over, which
should be today sometime. Version 2.6 will be available as
"t2.6" and "tc1.3".
- VMS T 2.7 is still in intensive care after an I/O system
transplant, but the prognosis is good. Watch this space. It
will definitely be available on the EDVAXes for use next term.
- The release on Yale-Zoo will be delayed until classes are over.
You can continue to run the almost-released copy which is over
- Non-Yale users will get tapes/floppies after the release has
been in use here for a week or two. If you're really anxious
to get the new stuff and you're on Arpanet, you can try FTP'ing
the files over.
- The file //fs1/t/doc/t2.7.doc is the official release notice.
Copies will be made available elsewhere. If you want me to mail
it to you, just ask.
- Work on the 4th edition of the manual is still in progress, but
it should be available by Christmas, if not sooner.