*LAMBDA

Suppose that you have a list of symbols BVARS, and a list of forms
BODY, and you want to make a procedure out of them, with free variables
taken from environment ENV.  Currently, the only way I know to do this
would be
   (EVAL `(LAMBDA ,BVARS . ,BODY) ENV)
Should there be a *LAMBDA (analogous to *DEFINE etc.) s that you could
get the same result by doing
   (*LAMBDA ENV BVARS BODY) ?
(And a similar *NAMED-LAMBDA, *OBJECT)
Or is this a legitimate use of EVAL?  I can't make up my mind whether this
proliferation of starred names (terrible notation, by the way) is
better or worse than all that naked consing.
-------